What We Do
Stack Builders is an international Ruby consultancy with offices in New York City and Colombia, South America. Our clients range from multinational enterprises to small start-ups. We collaborate with our clients to turn ideas into valuable applications, whether they are intended for mobile devices or the web. Our cohesive, international development team works directly with you to build applications that fit your timeline and budget, whether it be on-site or remote development work.
How We Do It
Our Agile process and skilled project managers help clients to define, build, and iterate on features rapidly to meet business needs. Our team consists of experienced project managers and software developers in New York, Latin America, and Europe. We take the guesswork out of hiring freelancers and make sure each of our team members is a good fit for every project.
By communicating effectively with clients, we keep projects on track and expectations clear.
- On-site help to local clients - you know who you are working with, who is running your project, and that someone from the team can respond to your needs quickly. Even if you are not located in NYC, we leverage web technologies to stay in close communication with all of our clients and keep projects organized.
- Project transparency - working code within a week for clients to access, daily development meetings, regular demos, and short development cycles all minimize misunderstandings related to features, timelines, and cost.
- Eastern Standard Time development - so you can easily interact with our entire team mean you can see and adjust features as they shift in priority.
We offer flexibility so you get the right size team for your evolving project with the peace of mind that all the code we write goes through a thorough peer review.
- Short or long-term boost for your project - our developers can integrate directly with your development team.
- Full support - we can handle your entire web project so that you can spend your time focusing on your business.
As a distributed, international team, we have many processes in place to make sure the application we build for a client delivers the best business value.
- Stakeholder involvement - we work closely with clients every step of the way to translate business needs into development feature
- Expert advisement - hones the architecture of your platform and your internal development processes to make the hours of development go farther
- Technical checks - writing full test coverage for the code, using CI servers, pull requests, an established quality assurance process and scheduled production deploys all contribute to a clean code base that can grow with your needs.
- Teamwork - Our developers pair program, review peer code, encourage and challenge each other to grow professionally. We also travel to our South American office to work and grow as a team.
Where We Are
We are based in Midtown Manhattan in the heart of New York City. For information about how we can help with your project email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Stack Builders Inc.
315 Fifth Avenue, Suite 703A
New York, NY 10016
Stack Builders Colombia
Carrera 43A #1-650, Oficina 611
Medellin, Colombia, South America
If you are interested in joining our team for either office, please see our careers section.
Who We Are
Justin Leitgeb is President and CEO of Stack Builders Inc. He has been in software development for over fifteen years, and has worked as a lead developer at start-ups as well as Fortune 500 companies. He has also contributed code to a variety of open source projects, including the ruby memcache client, Merb and GeoRuby. In addition to his professional and open-source work in Ruby, he has two iPhone applications published in the App store. Sample code and contributions to open source are available on GitHub, and his blog can be found at http://justinleitgeb.com.
Lori Leitgeb is COO and Lead Business Analyst/Project Manager of Stack Builders Inc. She has a PhD in the social sciences studying business, education, and liberal identity and brings to the business over fifteen years of research experience in North and Latin America. She completed her MA in Mexico and maintains that they should use more salsa picante on Colombia food. She oversees the project management of the global development team and works closely with new clients to understand their needs and clarify their specifications.
Patricia Morizio is a business analyst and project manager with a background in local and international economic development. Most recently, Tricia has been invited to lecture by the Fair Trade and Microcredit Project of the Gabelli School of Business at Fordham University, her alma mater. Although a Ruby novice, Tricia speaks French, Portuguese, and her favorite language, contemporary dance.
Sander Hartlage is a senior developer and basically a machine that converts Red Bull into Ruby code. He spends his off time playing video games, eating brunch, and being very opinionated. His code is available on Github. One of these days he'll start a blog.
Who We Want
We're looking for talented developers with three or more years of experience. Currently we're hiring developers in New York and Colombia. We're looking for more than just good developers - we're looking for people who understand things like algorithmic complexity as well as how to write idiomatic code. You should have a good understanding of things like TCP/IP, HTTP, and the workings of typical web stacks as well as the ability to quickly think of elegant solutions to complex problems.
Think you'd make a good Stack Builder?
If you are interested in joining our team, please email us at email@example.com and include a resume and links to projects you have completed along with a GitHub account, if you have one.